Q: What will disqualify my entry?
- Submitting an entry for one of the ‘most improved’ categories, without providing old issues for comparison.
- Submitting entries into one of the ‘integrated marketing’ categories without providing evidence of other marketing efforts (If you're entering the ‘integrated marketing’ category, it's critical to send other samples of the integrated marketing campaign -- a magazine by itself does not an integrated marketing campaign make).
- Submitting entries into the ‘strategy’ categories without answering the supplemental ‘strategy’ questions that appear below the general questions on the entry form.
- Submitting entries for one of the ‘feature’ categories without explaining what you consider to be the feature you wish to have judged.
- Entries that are clearly in the wrong category altogether. For example: A magazine in a web category, etc…
- We must receive 5 hard copies for every entry so they can be sent to all judging venues. If we don't receive 5 hard copies we are unable to send them on for judging.
Q: Do I have to use the official entry form to submit my entries?
Q: Can I submit entries from the same publication into several different award categories?
Q: Do you accept foreign entries (entries from outside of the US and Canada)?
Yes. But please ensure the form is filled out in English.
Q: In regards to the “Best Feature" category – Does this refer to an individual editorial article, a package/editorial theme or both?
Both. What we don't mean by this is a special issue or an entire issue comprised of disparate pieces. Generally most entries will be one feature piece, but there's no reason that feature can't be a group of articles—a package—focused on a single topic.
Q: If I am entering a magazine, website or newsletter into the “Most Improved” category, should I provide both the new and the old version?
Yes, it's critical to send the old and new versions so that judges can judge the difference.
Q: If I have an entry for a web category, what do I submit?
You must upload the URL to the form and send a disk/USB stick with the webzine/website/ video/app/game or otherwise in PDF form.
Q: Can our company enter our own website rather than one which we've designed for a client?
Q: What are the rules regarding when the piece was published?
Publication must fall in between 1st July 2013 - 30th June 2014.
Q: Who are the judges?
The judges are marketers, designers, editors, and teachers of relevant disciplines—they are not members of The Content Council.